Whether you have recently moved, or just need to find a new dentist, you want to make sure you find one you can trust. Your dentist is doing more than just cleaning your teeth. They are monitoring you for health issues, recommending procedures, and possibly preforming dental surgeries. It’s best to find a dentist who has your best interests in mind, and aligns with your views. We will give you some tips and trick to choose the best dentist for you and your family.
Regularly visiting your dentist is essential to maintaining mouth health. Here are some things to search in the beginning
– Find a dentist near your home or job. This cuts down on unnecessary extra miles.
– What office hours work for you? You might need to leave work or get kids out of school if the office hours don’t work with your schedule.
– Make sure the dentist is a member of the ADA. You can search the ADA certified dentists by using the Find-A-Dentist tool (link). Here you can search by zip code, specialty and name.
– A trusted friend or family member. If you live near family, check out their dentist recommendations. If you moved away from home, or are new to a community, ask a co-worker or neighbor.
– If you know you will need dental surgery, look for a DDS, or Doctor of Dental Surgery
If you have any special circumstances or concerns assure your new dentist has options for you. For example:
– Have they worked with children, those with low pain tolerances, disabilities, health concerns, etc?
– Do you have any pre-existing oral or mouth health concerns?
– Will you need special financing, payment options or don’t have dental insurance?
– Do you have dental benefits? make sure the dentist meets the requirements
– Can they provide all services you may need in the future?
Once you have found a handful of dentists to consider, now is the time to start a deeper dive:
– Visit their website and social media platforms.
– Check out their reviews on Facebook and Google
– How does the dentist handle dental emergencies?
– Call or visit the dentist office, talk to patients from the practice and have a list of questions, concerns and previous dental records.
Once you have narrowed down your search to one option its time to schedule an appointment, get to know the staff, and see if you enjoy the office. If not, choose another and visit them. Below we will provide you with information on Chanhassen Family Dentistry to help you consider us in your search.
Chanhassen Family Dentistry:
8116 Mallory Ct.
Chanhassen, MN. 55317
ADA Member Dentist: Dr. Michael J Leonard, D.D.S.
Open 7am or 5pm, by appointment only.
“Mike has been my dentist for about 25 years. He’s a straight-shooter and gets me in-and-out quickly. My wife and adult children go there, too. Darleen is a top-notch hygienist.”
Special Financing: Available through Wells Fargo